Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Really?

Crazy news yesterday - apparently there is some politician from Chicago who may or may not be brazenly corrupt. Speaking about selling the now vacant Senate seat in Illinois, Mr Governor said the following:

“I’ve got this thing,” Mr. Blagojevich said on one recording, according to the affidavit, “and it’s fucking golden. And I’m just not giving it up for fucking nothing. I’m not going to do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me there.”

My favorite part thus far is that he was opposed to the video game GTA IV since it sets a bad example. He even passed a law to limit its distribution. I guess the video game lobby wouldn't "play ball."

Apparently corruption is nothing new in the Windy City; past practitioners include:

"Bathhouse" John Coughlin Coughlin's best known activity was the first ward ball, an annual fundraiser which brought together safecrackers, prostitutes, politicians, businessmen, gamblers, and others. The event would raise more than $50,000 a year for the two first ward aldermen until it was closed down in 1909 by Mayor Fred Busse. By the time it ended, the ball had moved into the Chicago Coliseum and ended in annual riots.

Big Bill Thompson, mayor from 1915 to 1923...

See also: Pat Marcy

Wow! Those guys know how to fucking abuse power with the best of them!

No comments: