Tuesday, January 20, 2009

get to know Alexander Semin


Yeah, he has a funny name, but my man Semin here is the real deal. Here are some of my favorite excerpts from a recent interview with the talented winger:

On how he and Ovie put up ridiculous numbers:
". . .we're playing for the same team and hockey is the team sport, and if a player is only thinking about his own statistics, then that's just selfish, and it's their business. My philosophy is that it doesn't matter how many points I get as long as the team wins. That's the right way."

On the playoffs:
"Every game is not just a game, but a real battle. You don't come out to play, you come out to fight."

He and AO are have helped our young squad score more goals than 25 of the 30 teams in the league this season.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so sad that people have to pretend hockey is cool because their football team sucks. I feel for you. I really do.

Unknown said...

And yes that was a level-headed response to your blog post from last week. Total facial.